Squared Arch Bookend Kit - Scandi Palette
Actual assembled dimensions: 6.25” H x 12.5” L x 5.5” D
Nominal assembled dimensions: 6.25” H x 12.5” L x 5.5” D
Sometimes the only thing better than a relaxing read is a really great project. Combine them with this modern bookend kit and show off your titles! This kit includes everything you need to build and finish one set of high-interest accents: two predrilled base assemblies, two 3-piece arch assemblies, screws and glue, a curated 4-color palette of your choice, a set of foam brushes, and complete kit assembly instructions. Put your bookends to use on a nightstand, side table, bookshelf, mantle, dresser -- anywhere you want to create a mid-century focal point.
Kit contains all the pieces needed to create a pair of custom-painted, mid-century modern bookends featuring an SPF base, MDF arches, paint, glue, foam brushes, and complete instructions.
Ready to customize with your choice of three 4-color paint palettes: Boho, Eclectic, or Scandi.
Personalize with any additional finishes of your choice, including stain and sealant.
Intended for indoor use only. If using outside, seal with a weather-protectant finish and place in a covered or protected area.
- The Scandi Palette features Deep Midnight Blue, Snow, Oyster Beige, and Desert Cactus by DecoArt®
- View, download, and/or print kit instructions
- Actual assembled dimensions of bookend set: 6.25” H x 12.5” L x 5.5” D
- Tolerance: +/- 1/8" for length, +/- 1/16" for width and depth
- Weight: Approx. 2.7 lbs
- MDF arches feature smooth, double-sided surfaces, perfect for makers
- Base grade and species: D-grade SYP (Southern Yellow Pine) or J-grade SPF (spruce/pine/fir), Eastern White Pine, or poplar
- Squared arches grade: Standard MDF
- CARB Phase 2 and EPA TSCA Title VI compliant
- California residents, see Prop 65 Warning Fact Sheets for formaldehyde and wood dust
Why was MDF chosen for some of the kit components?MDF performs as well or better than solid wood for a wide variety of home decor projects. And its uniform thickness and consistency means -- maybe best of all -- there's no sanding! It's project-ready!
Can I use other brands of paint or my own I already have?Absolutely! Personalize your bookends with any additional finishes you choose, including stain and sealant.
Is MDF easy to finish?MDF's clean, smooth, unfinished faces and edges are easy to work and ready to customize with the finishes of your choice. These include paint, vinyl decals, and sealant. Stain is not recommended, however. If using outside, place in a covered or protected area, and seal well and often with a weather-protecting finish.